Tom Berkley is a firm shareholder focusing his practice on federal and state litigation, 海事与海事, 运输, 以及联邦和州的工人赔偿法.
20多年了, Tom has represented a variety of maritime and waterfront focused businesses and individuals including public and private marine terminals, ship lines, stevedores, shippers, salvors, shipyards, 多式联运和货物权益, 商业渔船及协会, 拖船和驳船公司, 建筑和制造公司, 市, 休闲划船的人, 还有几家保险公司和P&I Clubs.
除了他丰富的航海经验, 汤姆在雇佣方面代表客户, 环境, 以及河岸权利诉讼.
Tom currently serves on the board of Colonna Shipyard, Inc., is the immediate past president of the Hampton Roads Global Commerce Council, is the chair of the Virginia Maritime Association's maritime briefings committee, and is a member of the Offshore Wind Committee of the Virginia Maritime Association.
在他本科期间, Tom served as a deckhand on tugboats working up and down the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Coast, lived and studied in London and operated a campus-wide vending machine business. 从弗吉尼亚大学毕业后, he completed the McIntire Business Institute program offered by his alma mater. 在法学院读书期间，汤姆为尊敬的莉迪亚·C. Taylor of the Norfolk Circuit Court and interned for the United States Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C.
- Successfully represented international ship lines in demurrage and detention litigation involving the Ocean Shipping Reform Act and the Uniform Intermodal Interchange Agreement.
- Successfully represented marine salvage company in vessel arrest litigation.
- Successfully represented private custom boat yard in multi-million dollar marine insurance and allision litigation in Caribbean.
- Successfully represented private marine railway in historic presidential yacht preservation litigation.
- Successfully represented private shipyard in multi-million dollar 905(b) wrongful death litigation.
- Successfully represented public marine terminal in several multi-million dollar personal injury liability actions involving the cross roads of state common law and federal and state worker’s compensation jurisdictions.
- Successfully represented public marine terminal in multi-million dollar railway operation claim.
- Successfully represented public marine terminal in cargo litigation involving COGSA and Carmack Amendment.
- Successfully represented international marine construction company in multiple Jones Act, Longshore, and Virginia 工人的补偿 claims over a six-year bridge construction project.
- Successfully represented marine terminal drayage company in several multi-million dollar personal injury actions.
- Successfully represented commercial fishing association in several actions involving the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act.
- Successfully represented commercial fisherman in retainage of exclusive fishing permit.
- Successfully represented marine engineering and 运输 company in multiple marine towing and maritime contract negotiations involving public and private marine terminals and marine terminal operators along the East Coast and throughout the Caribbean.
- Successfully represented marine dredging company for maintenance and cure and Jones Act matters.
- Successfully represented marine towing company in contract negotiation matters.
- Successfully defended developer in federal court wetlands litigation delaying flood prevention improvements to municipal and private subdivision project affecting hundreds of private homes.
- Successfully represented a property owner in a tenant’s multi-million dollar lead paint exposure case.
- Virginia Maritime Association, Chair of Maritime Briefings Committee
- Hampton Roads Global Commerce Council, Board Member and Past President
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated, Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Best Lawyers In America, Admiralty and Maritime, 2012-2023
- Coastal Virginia's Top Lawyers, Aviation, Admiralty, Maritime, & 交通,2016 - 2023
- Walter E. 霍夫曼社区十大正规网赌网址奖，2008年
- Hampton Roads Global Commerce Council, Board of Directors
- VB城市FC -青年俱乐部足球，前球队经理
- Brown Water Seamen and the Stowaway Virus: Coronavirus Precautions - 2020年4月
- Borrowed Servants on Virginia's Waterfront: A Muddied Predicament for Employers - May 2018
- 港口采取积极措施处理大型船舶 - July 2017
- 破译我们的港口 ——2017年4月