杰夫·罗森 is a firm shareholder who focuses his practice on civil litigation, 当地政府, 劳动与就业, 保险抗辩.
An experienced trial lawyer and former prosecutor, Jeff successfully defends claims regarding civil rights violations, 医疗事故, wrongful death suits against Virginia sheriffs and 地区监狱, and 过度使用武力 claims against law enforcement. Jeff represents state and 当地政府s and their employees in cases involving constitutional violations, 就业歧视, 诽谤, and tort claims against cities, 城镇, school boards and regional authorities.
He is a former Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney and a frequent lecturer for the Virginia Sheriff’s Association and the Virginia Association of Regional Jails on issues relating to law enforcement, employment law and correctional medical issues. Jeff is also an instructor at the Hampton Roads Law Enforcement Training Academy
Jeff has defended over 350 cases alleging Civil Rights and Title VII 就业歧视 claims, including claims of wrongful death, 过度使用武力, police shooting and failure to provide adequate medical care to prisoners.
He has obtained favorable outcomes for Virginia sheriffs, 地区监狱, state and 当地政府s and the insurance industry in both federal and state court. He has over 63 reported federal and state cases, and he has appeared before the Supreme Court of Virginia and United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit on numerous occasions.
- 当地政府 Attorneys Association
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial 诉讼 and 诉讼-Labor & 就业,2023
- Virginia Super Lawyers, 2015 - 2023
- Virginia's Legal Elite, Health Law, 2016 & 2017
- Coastal Virginia's Top Lawyers, Civil Law 诉讼, 2021-2023
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association, Continuing Legal 教育 Committee, Past Chairman
- Norfolk Middle School Mock Trial Program, Coach
- Continuing Legal 教育 Committee, Past Chairman